Mushroom & Pumpkin Curried Soup
A rich broth mixed with pumpkin, shiitake mushrooms, and curry spice is paired with potstickers and toasted pumpkin seeds, then spiked with a hint of lime and ginger for a rustic fall take on a Thai favorite. Featuring Ling Ling Chicken & Vegetable, Pork & Vegetable, or Vegetable Potstickers.
Prep and cook time
- 30 minutes
- 20 frozen Ling Ling Chicken & Vegetable, Pork & Vegetable, OR Vegetable Potstickers
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- (Optional) Pre-heat oven to 375°F and toast pumpkin seeds for 8–10 minutes until seeds begin to brown and are aromatic. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat and sauté mushrooms for 7 minutes until mushrooms soften and lose most of their water.
- Stir in flour and curry powder with a spatula until all the butter is absorbed and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Gradually add broth while whisking to prevent lumps then bring to a boil, add Ling Ling Potstickers and reduce to a simmer, cooking until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, half and half, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger powder, salt, and pepper, then bring to a boil again and serve.
- (Optional) Garnish with pumpkin seeds.